Last Updated: January 28, 2023
Online educational platforms are not new; they have been around us for so long. Virtual learning spaces have become even more versatile after COVID-19. Organizations and businesses are also scrambling to build a robust online presence to stay connected with their employees.
Whether a student looking to sharpen your subject knowledge or a business owner seeking an ideal approach to training your employees, online learning platforms have everything on your plate. You must sign up for a reputable virtual learning platform and enroll in a course that fits your needs and interests well.
If you’re planning to nurture your creativity or develop a high-in-demand skill, CreativeLive has got you sorted. CreativeLive is a versatile e-learning forum that helps you get the best soft and business skills. From video editing, blogging, photography, and writing to arts and design, CreativeLive features a range of creative courses.
Before signing up for CreativeLive, you might ask yourself, is CreativeLive worth the hype? To give you a clearer picture of the effectiveness and authenticity of CreativeLive, we will review this platform in-depth. In our impartial CreativeLive review, we will dig deeper to uncover every aspect, such as CreativeLive courses, pricing plans, students’ reviews, and instructors.
Pros and Cons of CreativeLive
- Affordable courses
- 1500+ classes to choose from
- Learn proven tips and tricks from top performers
- Learn hands-on specific skills to get the most from your investment
- An engaging community of learners
- Passionate and highly qualified teachers
- All courses come with additional downloadable material to help learners get mastery of their subject.
- Easily accessible classes with transcripts
- Clear, comprehensive, and step-by-step guidance from field experts
- Free live classes
- A 30-day generous refund policy
- Excellent customer support
- Premium quality videos and a user-friendly interface
- Limited opportunities to interact with the instructors
- Outdated and older content for some courses
- Lack of accreditation which is a common feature of an online learning platform
What is CreativeLive: An Overview
CreativeLive is a well-recognized virtual learning platform founded by two creative minds, Craig Swanson and Chase Jarvis, in 2009. The founders of CreativeLive wanted to provide avid hobbyists, professionals, entrepreneurs, and passionate individuals with creative educational material and workshops. CreativeLive has dual headquarters in Seattle and San Francisco. The name of the platform indicates its strength and authenticity.
CreativeLive offers more than 1,500 classes that are taught by a team of 650 experienced instructors. The platform is also empowering more than 10 million students worldwide. No matter what skill you start learning at CreativeLive, the platform encourages you to reach your best potential as an entrepreneur or creative freelancer. The well-designed courses of this forum can help maximize your skill, chase your dreams, and excel in your professional life. From social media management and guitar recording to cake decoration, Creative Live enables you to learn every creative skill for a small investment.
The prime objective of CreativeLive is to equip passionate individuals with practical skills and instill confidence in them so that they can become more prominent in their careers. All courses of CreativeLive are more focused on creative skills such as Recording Rock Guitars and Building a Successful Blog.
You can find more than 1500 classes on CreativeLive, which fall into the following major categories:
- Money & Life
- Photo & Video
- Craft & Maker
- Music & Audio
- Art & Design
These major categories are further divided into subcategories. You can use these subcategories to find a class relevant to your interest and goals. The name of CreativeLive indicates that the platform primarily focuses on creative skills, but it also covers some other niches, from time management to floral design. Within major five categories, you can find the following notable courses:
- Mobile Photography
- Communication Skills
- Documentary Making
- Leadership & Management
- InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and Lightroom
- Online Business
- Live Song Making
- Song Writing
- Cake Decoration
- Fashion Design
- Knitting and Crochet
Some notable CreativeLive courses include:
- Posing 101 with Lindsay Adler
- How to Build a Joyful, Well-Lived Life by Dave Evans and Bill Burnett
- How to Break the Habit of Self-Doubt and Build Real Confidence by Mel Robbins
- Adobe Photoshop CC: The Complete Guide by Ben Wilmore
- Fundamentals of Photography by John Greengo
What Differentiates CreativeLive from other Online Learning Platforms?
You might ask, what is so unique about CreativeLive that it deserves your sign-up? With an array of options available, why should you go with CreativeLive? The following vital reasons will help you understand what makes CreativeLive unique from the crowd:
- CreativeLive is focused explicitly on creative courses. It targets a specific group of people not catered to by traditional academic platforms. Creative people always struggle to gain a place in the conventional world where they can expose their talent and polish their skills. CreativeLive promotes passionate and creative individuals to go ahead in their careers.
- Secondly, CreativeLive has both practical and innovative features. The enterprise edition of the platform enables organizational teams to learn up-to-date skills and empower their employees. The courses of CreativeLive can be customized to your organizational needs.
- Review features and class descriptions are the other unique aspects of the platform. CreativeLive is one of the most diverse e-learning spaces due to its incredible quality and various courses. The team of CreativeLive puts a lot of time and effort into ensuring that the accessibility of the content and video quality is up to scratch.
- The addition of downloadable course content is another notable feature of the content that makes offline viewing convenient for learners.
Instructors at CreativeLive
Being one of the most reputable virtual learning platforms, CreativeLive recruits only qualified and experienced instructors. You will be able to learn practical skills from leading experts who are well-known for their work. Some notable names include:
- Tim Ferriss: An advisor, tech investor, and owner of the Tim Ferriss Show in Business Podcast
- Aaron Nace: A well-known Photoshop instructor
- Sir Richard Branson: President of the Virgin Group
- Ramit Sethi: Author of I Will Teach You To Be Rich (New York Times Bestseller)
CreativeLive Class Structure
Compared to other e-learning platforms, the classes of CreativeLive are more interactive and engaging. Each Creative Live class is recorded and live-streamed in a studio with a live audience. You can interact with the teachers and participate in the discussion when watching a live style.
The class environment is highly dynamic because instructors bounce off your questions; instead of just addressing the camera. Each class has an introductory lecture that helps you understand the entire course content and curriculum. Teachers also talk about their expertise to help students confirm that they’re learning from the best of the best.
CreativeLive believes that learning should be engaging and interactive, which is why teachers use accessible analogies and case studies to help learners remember concepts and grasp the main idea. Hybrid learning is the most appreciable feature of CreativeLive that sets it apart from the competition.
Unfortunately, CreativeLive does not offer a free trial. But it has a lot of information available about course content and instructors. You can also watch the trailers of the platform to understand how it works. CreativeLive offers paths to get started. For example, you can purchase one of three Creator Pass Subscription Plans or buy each course separately.
All three passes enable users to access the same content and benefits but differ in price. You may expect to pay the following for CreativeLive pass subscription plans:
- Annual Creator Pass Subscription: $149 ($12.42 per month)
- Monthly Creator Pass Subscription with an Annual Commitment: $15 per month
- Monthly Creator Pass Subscription: $39 per month
CreativeLive Refund Policy
If you find that CreativeLive won’t meet your requirements, you can request a full refund within seven days of purchasing a subscription plan. With a monthly pass subscription, you can cancel your renewal anytime. But if you go with an annual creator pass or monthly creator pass with a yearly commitment, you can’t ask for a refund after seven days.
CreativeLive has good reviews from most of its users. According to CreativeLive Trustpilot reviews, the platform offers an unprecedented quality of class content. Most positive reviews center on seamless payment options, experienced instructors, and premium-quality class content.
Only a few users had a lousy experience with CreativeLive. Users commonly complain about poor customer service on the platform.
Final Verdict: Are CreativeLive Classes Worth the Price Tag?
CreativeLive is a well-recognized e-learning platform that aims to provide individuals and organizations with practical classes. You can benefit from the virtual learning platform if you’re a:
- Small business owner
- Passionate creative
- Arts and crafts enthusiast
- Art lover
- Freelance worker
- Copywriting professional
- Producer or musician
CreativeLive is a great place to learn and brush up on your skills. The in-depth course content is sure to keep learners keep engaged and motivated. Although CreativeLive offers exclusive features, it lacks certain areas. For example, you can’t interact with the instructors, which is unfortunate for a reputable learning space.