Brilliant Review for 2023
Last Updated: January 28, 2023
Are you looking for a reputable platform to develop your problem-solving and critical-thinking skills? If yes, your search ends with Brilliant.org. You might be familiar with Brilliant.org if you have searched for an online learning platform.
With an array of options available, it becomes challenging to decide whether or not Brilliant is worth the hype. Before signing up for any e-learning platform, you must read its online reviews. This approach will help you make the wisest decision about if the platform has something valuable to offer.
You might ask yourself, what is Brilliant.org? How much is Brilliant.org, and how does it work? To solve the hassle, we will review this digital learning space in-depth. Our unbiased Brilliant.org review will give you a clearer picture of the platform’s suitability, authenticity, and subscription plans.
Before diving into the depth of Brilliant, here is a quick summary of this platform.
Pros and Cons of Brilliant.org
- Engaging and interactive user experience
- Comprehensive content and clear hints that make courses easy-to-understand
- A 7-day free trial to help users understand the working of this learning platform
- Interactive learning environment with the hands-on learning experience
- Ideal for students who want to excel in science, logic, and mathematics
- An excellent framework to see the world differently
- Self-paced and flexible timeframe for course completion
- Help learners solve problems creatively
- Device friendly website, enabling students to attend lectures on laptops, mobile phones, and tablets
- A user-friendly responsive Brilliant app for an on-the-go learning experience
- Lack of certification upon course completion
- Costlier monthly payment plan
- Courses are more focused on STEM; instead of topics and subjects
What is Brilliant: An Overview
Brilliant.org is a reputable online educational platform helping lifelong learners grow their skills in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math). Unfortunately, for most students, learning STEM subjects can be a scary and challenging experience. But Brilliant aims to change this perception by making learning STEM subjects inspiring and fun for everyone.
Sue Khim founded Brilliant.org in 2012. The foundation of this platform led Sue Khim to be named in Forbes’ 30 under 30 in Education listing. The platform uses interactive visualization to improve the problem-solving and critical-thinking skills of the students.
Within a short period, Brilliant.org has proven itself one of the best online learning platforms worldwide. As of 2020, the platform empowers more than 10 million users. It offers 60+ courses in Computer Science, Science, and Mathematics.
All the courses of Brilliant.org are taught by experienced teachers, award-winning experts, and professionals from the world’s prestigious universities and top-excelling businesses, including Microsoft, Google, Duke, and MIT.
Courses at Brilliant.org
Brilliant uses abstract concepts and complex ideas to gamify the learning experience for students. The platform features 60+ courses that cover a wide range of demanding topics. Unlike some other online learning spaces, Brilliant is more focused on teaching concepts of STEM subjects to students aged between 10 and 110 of any ability.
Brilliant uses creative challenges, quizzes, and short, interactive lessons to keep learners motivated and engaged. The teachers at Brilliant.org strive to tap into students’ curiosity and intuition to keep them progressive.
Although Brilliant is a membership platform, you can enjoy its 7-day free trial. Paid Brilliant membership gives access to all courses listed on the forum. You can also access daily challenges and get Android or iOS apps for on-the-go learning experiences.
When you sign up to Brilliant.org for the first time, the platform asks questions to suggest the best learning pathway that fits your needs and goals well.
Some of the notable courses you will find on Brilliant.org include:
- Applied Computer Science
- Foundational Computer Science
- Mathematical Thinking
- Applied Science
- Quantum Mechanics
- Statistics and Probability
- Classical Physics
- Scientific Thinking
- Advanced Mathematics
- Contest Math
These courses are further categorized into different subjects and topics, such as:
- Advanced Computer Science: Machine Learning, Quantum Computing, Computer Memory, Cryptocurrency, and Artificial Neutral Memory
- Foundational Computer Science: Programming, Algorithm Fundamentals, Neutral Networks, and Data Structures
- Advanced Science: Quantum Objects, Computational Biology, Gravitational Physics, and Astronomy
- Foundational Science: Electricity and Magnetism, Chemical Reactions, Classical Mechanics, Everyday Physics, and Science Essentials
- Advanced Mathematics: Statistics, Differential Equations, Linear Algebra, and Calculus
- Foundational Mathematics: Modern Maths, Arithmetic, Geometry, and Logic
Brilliant Course Format
Brilliant has a simple and well-structured course format. For example, a course on brilliant.org typically follows the following format:
- You can start with the simple stories and questions that match your interest and build fundamental skills and deep insights.
- Once you have built an essential skill and gained fundamental insights, you can use them to solve more complex problems.
- The instructors at Brilliant also encourage students to play with different ways to solve a problem that may seem out of their grasp.
Brilliant offers three different subscription plans, which are unique in features and cost. See the table below to know the pricing of Brilliant subscription plans.
|Monthly||$19.99 per month|
|Yearly||$12.49 per month|
|Group of 3+||$299.88 per year|
Free Trial of Brilliant
With a 7-day free trial, you can check the value and effectiveness of the courses offered by Brilliant. The free trial also helps students get acquainted with the platform and check if it meets their expectations and aspirations. However, once your free trial expires, you must use a premium account to continue your courses on Brilliant.org.
One of the best features of Brilliant is that the platform offers free plans for teachers and educators. These free plans allow teachers to access valuable classroom tools, interactive lessons, and many more. To apply for Brilliant’s free program, you need to be a teacher in a classroom. Brilliant requires you to complete a survey and verify your educational status to qualify for free plans.
If you’re selected for the free plans of Brilliant, you can choose a few courses that suit well to your interest, invite your students to learn from you on Brilliant, and get unlimited daily challenges. However, it is also worth mentioning that you will only have access to your Brilliant educator account for two years.
Benefits of Brilliant.org Premium Plans
You can get access to the following benefits by purchasing a premium plan from Briliant.org:
- Syncs across different devices, such as laptops, mobile phones, and tablets
- Access to new problems and challenges every day
- Guides courses
- Access to Science, Computer Science, Foundational, and Advanced Mathematics courses
Refund Policy of Brilliant.org
Unfortunately, Brilliant has no refund policy, which can be a negative point for a reputable learning platform. However, you can email Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help individually.
Brilliant has positive ratings from most of its members. The mobile app of Brilliant.org has 75 reviews on the Google Play store with a 4.7-star rating. The Brilliant reviews show that users are enthusiastic about this online learning platform. The platform also has a rating of 4.7 stars on Trustpilot, which shows the professionalism and authenticity of Brilliant.org.
We have found that users review Brilliant positively for its short and carefully curated lessons. Brilliant members tend to highlight the following two aspects of the platform very often:
- World-class customer services (flexibility for customer requests, quick replies, helpfulness)
- Excellent gamification of the courses listed on the platform
Only a few Reddit commenters believe Brilliant can supplement learning; instead of a primary learning resource. Some users also talked about difficulties canceling Brilliant subscriptions.
Frequently Asked Questions about Brilliant
Q1: Does Brilliant.org offer a free trial?
Answer: Yes, Brilliant offers a free trial of 7 days. Although the free trial is available for a shorter period, it can help learners understand the platform’s working, features, and pricing plans.
Q2: How many courses are offered by Brilliant?
Answer: Brilliant offers 60+ courses that are mainly focused on STEM objects. New problems and challenges are also being added to the platform.
Q3: How much do premium plans of Brilliant cost?
Answer: Brilliant offers three subscription plans to cater to the needs of every learner. The monthly membership plan of Brilliant costs up to $24.99, whereas the yearly membership plan costs $149.88.
Final Verdict: Is Brilliant.org Worth the Investment?
Based on our thorough research, we would not hesitate to say that Brilliant.org is worth your money and time. The platform’s interactivity, top-class customer support services, and gamification of complex subjects make Brilliant.org one of the best e-learning platforms in the industry.
The courses offered by Brilliant are very informative, well-structured, perfectly designed, and entertaining. The platform instructors are highly qualified and make a notoriously tricky subject fun and engaging. The daily challenges, quizzes, and problems are also the ideal approach used by the platform to improve students’ problem-solving skills.
Brilliant.org is an excellent platform for people with an interest in STEM subjects. Most of the courses offered by this platform are centered around Mathematics, Science, Technology, and Engineering. However, we are not saying that Brilliant.org is only worth exploring if you want to widen your knowledge in STEM subjects. You can check the course categories of Brilliant to find a course of interest.